Saturday 13 May 2023

Describe a story someone told you, and you remember. You should say: what the story was about who told you this story why you remember it and how you feel about it.

 Describe a story someone told you, and you remember. You should say:

  • what the story was about
  • who told you this story
  • why you remember it
  • and how you feel about it.

One story that I remember quite vividly is about my grandfather and his experiences during World War II. He was a young man at the time and served in the army. The story he told me was about a time when he and his fellow soldiers were on a long march through a forest. They were all tired and hungry, and morale was low. Suddenly, they heard the sound of a violin playing in the distance. As they got closer, they saw that it was a lone soldier sitting on a log playing his violin. My grandfather and his fellow soldiers gathered around him and listened to the music, which lifted their spirits and gave them a much-needed break from the grueling march.

My grandfather passed away many years ago, but I still remember this story vividly. It's a reminder to me of the power of music to bring people together and lift their spirits, even in the most difficult of circumstances. I feel grateful that he shared this story with me, as it gives me a deeper appreciation for the sacrifices he and others made during the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment